Earth Alerts 2011.2.2 + Portable | 3 MB + 3 MB
Earth Alerts is a Windows based application that allows you to monitor in near real time a variety of natural hazard events that are occurring anywhere around the world. Alert notifications, reports, and imagery provide the user with a convenient way to view natural phenomenon as they occur, whether close to home or some far flung corner of the globe!
Earth Alerts uses a variety of online resources provided by organizations such as the National Weather Service, U.S. Geological Survey and Smithsonian Institution (just to name a few), to identify what sort of activities Mother Earth is currently dishing out on the planet.
To use Earth Alerts, you simply select the specific natural hazards earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanoes, tropical cyclones, wildland fires, landslides, severe weather, local weather, etc. and the locations that interest you. Earth Alerts will get the latest information from various live data feeds available on the Internet and present it to you in a convenient arrangement of reports, maps and images.
Here are some key features of Earth Alerts:
* Global activity overview: earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanoes, and tropical cyclones (typhoons, hurricanes, tropical storms, tropical depressions and other disturbances)
* Activity for user selected Global locations (anywhere outside the U.S.): local earthquakes, local weather including current conditions, forecasts and satellite imagery
* United States activity overview: severe weather including special tornado and severe thunderstorm watches, volcanoes, wildland fires (wildfires), and landslide related hazards
* Activity for user selected United States locations: local earthquakes; local wildland fires; local weather including NWS weather/hazard alerts, current conditions, forecasts and radar/satellite imagery
* Google Earth integration provides visualizations of recent earthquake events, volcanoes, tropical cyclones, wildland fires and severe weather warnings. Google Earth integration also provides high resolution views of any user selected U.S. or Global location
* Visual and sound notifications on your Windows desktop identifying active alerts
* Email notifications of active alerts
* Mobile phone text message (SMS) alert notifications of active tsunami watches / warnings, magnitude 5.0+ earthquakes, major volcanic eruptions and tornado warnings.